High Sierra Fly Casters will be on hand to demonstrate the art of fly casting. They will share tips on casting techniques, knots, and equipment. Bring your own equipment, or use theirs.
The casting demonstrations and instruction will be done on dry-land. In order to cast into the water, you must have a California fishing license. This may be purchased online at https://www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/InternetSales/
Saturday and Sunday mornings
The High Sierra Fly Casters (HSFC) is a fly fishing club dedicated to the encouragement of fly fishing and the maintenance of the fisheries of the eastern Sierra Nevada including waters in eastern California and northwestern Nevada. We’re an active club and believe that we have made significant strides towards meeting both of these areas. Our club is based in Gardnerville, Nevada.
The club is involved in a number of community educational programs.
- Casting for Recovery - helping women with breast cancer
- Reel Recovery - helping men with cancer
- Reel Kids - helping kids with cancer and their families
- Reel Vets - helping our veterans
- Trout in the Classroom - teaching students about fish and aquatic life
If you like to get involved in any of these programs, please contact our education director, Jim Norton.